Saturday, January 21, 2012

Underworld : The Awakening - Movie Review



I was not very excited at first as I have never seen the previous Underworld sequels. Not quite sure why, but I was not moved to watch those. A friend of mine asked me to join him to watch this movie with him. As I mentioned earlier, I was not interested, but considering that he's paying then what the heck.

Guest what? I liked it and I even rated it more than that friend of mine I was watching it with - who was a follower of the sequels. On a scale of 1 to 10, I'd give it an 8 as he only certifies 6 for it.

The flow of the story is just great, not very slow to have you asleep in a cinema, and not too fast as you could not catch your breath trying to catch up with the pace. The graphic was real and beautifully laid out. For those who plan to watch it in 3D, please do so. I watched in 2D and it was spectacular and I think would be even better in 3D.

The hero, Micheal did not happen to appear much in the movie. Only Selene and her Hybrid daughter, named 'Subject 2' was on screen through the whole movie. To be shortened, I believe that the movie is about Selene and the rest of other Vampire covens fighting for survival with their new enemy, Mankind. It's us! However, mankind's highest authority is controlled by Lycans - another species which was Vampires' ancient enemy. Now, the Lycans seem to be stronger since they have powers over Mankind. Luckily now it seems that we are not the bad guys! At the end, the fight will continue where Selene and her daughter are looking forward to finding Micheal - the 'father' here; before the Lycans do.

That's enough, if I put everything here, then what's the point of watching the real movie. So get going to watch it while it is still on the cinema for showing, and to watch this is totally a MUST.

1 comment:

  1. Saya sungguh terpesona dengan garapan bahasa inggeris anda. Wow, i loike.

    ReplyDelete