Saturday, December 17, 2011

My Own Car @ My 20


I am currently working as a Receptionist at local resort with a very average pay cheque. Every month, I noticed that my money is not showing enough of where and what I do spend it for. It just happened that I ended up using all of them, but I have actually nothing to say that I have had the money and I spent it all - if you know what I mean. I have my savings, but that is for the future or emergency. I really felt that I needed to do something with my money. I kept thinking about it for a very long time. It went on for months.

Last Eid, I was back at home together with my siblings - for the fact that it is the first eid we spend without both our parents who died a year before. All of us always have these strong relationship attached to each other, that we really take care one another. So I asked my brother of what if I buy my own car as i need to have something that shows where my money is spent every single month. He was positive towards the idea and when I was back at work, well perhaps few days after seeing my family back at my hometown, I asked my housemate to go with me to find a salesman for me to buy a car. So we impatiently did. Technically I did.

And, Bammmmm!! Less than 2 weeks after that, I got myself a Brand New Saga FLX from Proton - National Car Manufacturer of Malaysia ( photo above ). The car understands me well, give me enough power for my aggressive way of driving, optimum fuel economy and is spacious for my odds and ends. Well now I can say - I am an independent boy, ( not yet 21 to be called a MAN ) who pays for his own car, his own laundry and basic needs.

P/S: What did you have at your age of 20?

6 comments:

  1. At 20, I am still studying for my degree.... and I got my 1st car at the age of 26.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so do i...hey,you are lucky enough to have all this at this age,stop mumbling of this and that,it is just a beginning.You still got a long journey to go.Please be grateful of what you have,pray to Allah. Your 'rezeki' will come..insyaallah....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sabarlah fafau,macam mana nak jadi manager kalau tak boleh stress sikit...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Manager? I am certainly not. I admit that I am an assistant, but just not this type.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You made a great decision, man! Buying a car is a good investment. It’s not something intangible – you can see it, feel it, experience it. At your age, that is already a big achievement. You still have a long way to go, so just be wise with every decision you make, like what you did in buying your first car.

    *Tyra Shortino

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! That was a smart decision. Only few people at the age of 20 can think of an idea to purchase a car using their own money. I salute you for that! You’re totally a grown and independent man with the big decision you took. Anyway, great choice of car! Not bad as your first ever car to own!

    >Carry Bacot

    ReplyDelete