Sunday, December 18, 2011

Facebooking? Really?

One day I was walking through the yard at my campus, on my way to class, there was this guy and his friend, talking to each other while holding each others' smart phones. I was not sure what they were talking about, as they were walking quite far ahead of me. As I walked faster and reached them, well - not to catch them up but merely to not be late to class, I overheard their words:

Guy : Hey what the hell??
Friend : What up?
Guy : Why did you comment my status like that?
Friend : Well, you certainly have no rights to say that about me. It's not fair.
Guy : I was not really updating about you, at least not directly.
Friend : Okay, then wait for my revengeful status update. You watch out man.

Well, that was all I heard as our path diverged after that. Is that the trend of lifestyle a social networking should be seen as? Really? What happen if in the future a mother wrote something on your wall, only to ask you to come down to the dining hall for dinner? And what if your teacher commented on your status update to tell you that there is a homework you should download and forward to others? Is this type of conversation real? I think this is safe to say that soon enough we would not have to even talk to our friends, relatives and colleagues . Really?

I, as responsible citizen, promise to myself and my nation, that I would never let Facebook and other social networking sites ruined my way of having a good conversation with anybody, unless they are not near.

3 comments:

  1. it depends on individual,some are likely to be 'technofabulous' sort of.With all the high tech gadgets and unlimited access to the internet,it seems that now days people are more disrespects to each other.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Facebook is not a good platform to communicate though. haha. follow aku pulak k . tc :)

    ReplyDelete